Friday, August 16, 2013

Prayer for today.

1 John 4:19: We love because he first loved us.

God. You are my God. A God of love. 

You ask for two things. To love you and to love people. Oh how I fall short. Daily, hourly, sometime minutely. So many other things become my idol.

The pursuit of a relationship. Spending money on trivial things for the sake of selfish fun, Even the often noble cause of making sure my life has meaning and purpose can become burdensome. 

These things become empty pursuits, when you are not at the middle. 

My fear of spending moments alone, when processing turns into gossip, and when my eyes wander - I know this is not the life you have for me. Help me seek the abundant life. 

Thank you for loving me… despite my shortcomings. Thank you for reminding me what love is like and giving me chances to help show your love, despite how many times I've messed it up. 

A wise woman told me: To be known is the be loved and to be loved is to be known. 

Lord - help me to know and to love. Help me know you, help me love people. 

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment